Students will be informed about missing work from last week before we discuss yesterday’s work over “Ol’ Man Mallory – Part 3” and the upcoming test over sentence structure.
- Missing work from last week
- Discuss the upcoming quiz/test over sentence structure.
- know the formulas
- analyze sentences for trash (prep/inf phrases), subjects, verbs, brackets, labels on clauses, and sentence type.
- Very much like “Ol’ Man Mallory Part 3” handout.
- Want extra help? Pay attention during the peer analysis on Step IV, or find anything in writing and analyze it; then, check with Mr. Thompson for feedback. Writing them helps too.
- TWA #2 Peer Analysis and Evaluation
Homework – Start Studying the punctuation rules for the four types of sentence combinations – Bell Work #27 work.
- Compound [IC, cc IC.]
- Complex [DC, IC.]
- Complex [IC DC.]
- Compound Complex
- [IC DC, cc IC.]
- [IC, cc DC, IC.]
- [DC, IC, cc IC.]
- [IC, cc IC DC.]