- Bell Work #26
- Analysis of “What’s a Prank to Some Is Hell to Others”
- Parts 4 and 5 Discussion
- Begin Parts 1 and 2
- Homework – Finish Parts 1 and 2.
Bell Work #26 – 11/11/16- Identifying clauses and determining the type of sentence found.
Copy the following sentences one at a time and answer the questions below after each one. Underline any verbs twice and subjects once, bracket the clause(s), and label each clause as IC or DC. Number 1-6 after each sentence.
1. Because I traveled to Catoosa, my gas expense each month rose.
2. My gas expense rose each month because I traveled to Catoosa, and driving a two-ton truck helps little to none.
- How many sets of subjects and verbs?
- How many clauses?
- How many dependent clauses?
- How many independent clauses?
- Is there a comma followed by a coord-conj, (,CC), or a semi-colon?
- Is it simple, compound, complex, or compound-complex?