Today – Students will complete bell work #21 practicing compound sentences using both a coordinating conjunction and a conjunction. We will grade last Friday’s vocab quiz over “The Cask of Anomitialldo” before discussing the “Paragraph Internal Structure Creation” handout; the top half is due Monday.
Sample Answers for #1 only on top half of “Paragraph Internal Structure Creation” handout
- bad answer – …was fun.
- good answer – …excited the brothers.
- bad answer – …had been terrible.
- good answer – …ruined their relationship.
- bad answer – …is a great time.
- good answer – …provided a wonderful time
Bell Work #21 – 11/4/2016 – Writing simple and compound sentences
- Write one compound sentence.
- Write a new compound sentence where one clause has a compound verb.
- Rewrite either compound sentence and split it into two independent clauses.
- Challenge: Rewrite either compound sentence without using a (,CC), but it must remain compound.