“Paragraph Internal Structure Creation” handout bottom half is due today. Students will complete bell work #23 before working to reverse outline a sample paragraph for its elements. Follow the directions on each handout for 1A/1B. For homework, students will complete the top half of the the “Commentary Practice” before class begins Wednesday.
Band kids, these assignments can be completed without printing the handouts; simply use notebook paper for the short responses.
Complete these in order.
- Paragraph Writing Example 1A – in class
- Paragraph Writing Example 1B – in class
- Writing Commentary – homework
Bell Work #23 – 11/8/2016- Recognizing simple, compound, and complex structure
Copy the following sentences and underline any subject/verb combinations.
- John runs to the store but forgot his wallet.
- John runs to the store, but he forgot his wallet.
- Before John runs to the store, he finds his wallet.
- Identify each as only one of the following:
- simple (1 s/v)
- compound (min of 2 s/v split by a ,cc)
- complex (min 2 s/v – 1 independent clause and 1 dependent – no ,cc)